Various programs for text manipulation
(1) CUT is similar to the unix command with
the same name. It removes columns from text
(2) DETAB replaces TABs by SPACEs in text files, ENTAB performs the opposite task.
(3) FMT is similar to the unix command fmt. It formats text files to a certain width. FMT supports left, right, and two-sided alignment. Many options control its behaviour.
(4) HEAD displays the first lines of text files, like the unix command; TAIL does the same with the last lines.
(5) LOCASE translates upper to lower case, UPCASE performs the opposite task. Both have a switch to ignore quoted strings, which is useful for program source files.
(6) WC counts, like the unix command, lines, words, and characters of text files. An additional options lets WC compute the length of the longest line.
All programs come with documentation and the executable.